We all need deep, restful sleep to maintain good health and refresh our bodies. One of the best tools for maintaining shiny hair and a healthy complexion after a night's sleep is a silk pillowcase.
Sleeping on a silk pillowcases offers benefits well beyond the sheer glamour of it all. If your hair is prone to frizziness, the silk will help to keep your locks from becoming overly dry. And for those who are prone to acne, dermatologists recommend silk pillowcases as a way to reduce blemishes. Dry clean can prolong the lifespan of silk, but it can also be achieved if you follow the instructions for washing silk.
The number one question asked when looking to invest in a silk pillowcase is "How do I wash my silk pillowcase?" or "Can I wash my silk pillowcase in the washing machine?"
Unlike silk clothing which is often manufactured using a light low momme silk fabric and requires dry - cleaning only, all of the SilkSilky Silk pillowcases and sleep caps are designed using a high grade silk fabric which means you are able to wash your Shhh Silk products in the washing machine.
Follow these simple steps to prolong the life of your silk pillowcase or silk sleep cap:
1. Turn your silk pillowcase inside out or place inside an old pillowcase or laundry bag to protect your silk during the wash cycle.
2. Place your silk pillowcase in the washing machine on a cold or warm delicate cycle with a maximum water temperature of 30C.
3. Use a laundry detergent that does not contain enzymes or bleach as this will damage your silk pillowcase.
4. Line dry out of direct sunlight.
5. Place straight on your pillow and enjoy your beauty sleep.